Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Vacation, Part 1, Day 4

Thursday morning, we woke up to donuts delivered by Aunt Stacie. Krispy Kreme, might I add. About nine o'clock, we said our goodbyes. Then Grandma, Grandpa, and I headed to Charlotte. We got there in between 4 and 5 in the afternoon, I think. Grandma and I went across the street from the super fancy hotel and looked around for a while in a cute little shop with all kinds of stuff. After that, we walked back to the hotel to leave for Katy and Fred's house. We got there at about six and hung out with Katy and Ivy for a little bit. Katy had just gone through her jewelry and I ended up with 15 pairs of earrings from her. Just what I needed!! :) We ate dinner (pizza) after it arrived with Fred at 6:30. We stayed at their house for a while, and then drove back to the hotel. Oh, wait, first we went to Barnes and Noble. G and G got a few books, and they bought me the third Percy Jackson book. After Barnes and Noble, we stopped at Dean and Deluca, a big gourmet grocery store with an amazing bakery. I'm talking, like, anchovy garlic cream kind of gourmet. (I think that's what it was, I know it had anchovies and something else.) Well, needless to say, we decided on stuff from the bakery over the anchovy garlic cream. We took our goods back to the hotel, ate them, and went to bed. (They were quite delicious)

~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.