Monday, August 9, 2010

I think I'll stick to my regular alarm clock

I had a lovely surprise this morning. Wait, rewind to last night. Last night, my dad and I found a tiny little caterpillar crawling through our living room. My dad said that he was our new pet named Mortimer. We squished him and put him in the garbage. Actually, my dad squished him and put him in the garbage. I watched. So this morning, My mom, sister, and brothers took a walk. I was still asleep when they got back. (Oh, the joys of being homeschooled!!) I would have slept longer, but they decided that I should meet our new pet, now that Mortimer is no longer with us. I woke up to the door of my room being opened. In walked William, with his hand behind his back. Then Sarah, carrying the baby, then Momma. All four had big smiles on their faces.

Momma: Caroline, do you want to see what we found on our walk?
Caroline: Probably not.
*enter foot-long worm-snake-thing from behind William's back*
Sarah: His name is Red Bull. He's Mortimer's new friend.
Caroline: THAT'S GROSS! GET IT OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!!!
(i was trying to yell, but that's kind of hard when you just woke up.)
Caroline: I think that since he and Mortimer are such close friends, we should let dear little Red Bull join him in bug heaven.

I'm not really a fan of bugs. Or worm-snake-things.

~Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhhh.. And how is Red Bull today???
    Wish Sarah had made a video of the introduction!
    Next time maybe.
    BLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You figured it out! :) That would be an entertaining video, I must say.

    ReplyDelete

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.