Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jacob Have I Loved

Claire Louise (Wheeze) was the older and more neglected of the twins in her family. (I can’t remember the last name, so let’s just call them the Smiths) The Smiths lived on an island off the coast of New England. Wheeze’s younger sister, Caroline had always been sickly and weak. The title is a comparison of the story of Caroline and Wheeze and the story of Jacob and Esau. Caroline and Jacob were the favored twins, and Wheeze and Esau the neglected ones.

My opinion: Sad story, I feel sorry for Wheeze because her family is so mean, and because she has such an awful name. Well written, though. Not hard to read, and not very boring. The story is pretty realistic. Wheeze's grandma should go in an insane asylum. She's totally wacko!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.