Sunday, August 29, 2010

Impwethion

I'm finally home. Yesterday was a long day. We had to get to the airport at 10:30 to catch our flight. Well, there was only one seat, so I didn't get on. I got on the next flight at 12:45, but didn't land until about nine, even though the flight was only four hours. Do the math. Anyway, I'm back.

My cousin Tyler and I are a month apart. (He's older) He just had his birthday last week. On Sunday, he had a party at a bowling alley. Sarah and Aubrey (my eleven year old cousin) and I went back to Grampy's (my grandfather's) house. We hung out there for a while and then watched TV. At six or so, my Aunt Diane brought us In 'n' Out burgers. It's quite sad that we don't have those in GA. We went there 5 times while we were in CA. Tyler had gone back to his house and Aunt Diane brought the food to Grampy's. (Quick note: Grampy's house is within walking distance of my cousins') Anyway, I come into the kitchen, and everyone is talking about Tyler's new tongue ring that he got for his birthday. I totally didn't believe it for a while. We had finished dinner, and he was still at his house. He finally comes walking into the house.
All of the little kids: Oo, oo, lemme see it!! Open your mouth! What does it look like? Did you really get a tongue ring? Come on, let's see!
He opened his mouth to reveal a gold ball sitting on his tongue. He wouldn't stick his tongue all the way out because "It hurt to do that." I wasn't thoroughly convinced yet. We went back in the family room, and he showed us the stuff he got for his birthday. It included $210. He also told us all about the tongue ring. He couldn't say his 'S's with it in. He also wasn't allowed to wear it during the week. If he took it out for a week, that baby wasn't going back in. Hmmmm...... While we were in the family room, he was texting, and I aked him what kind of phone he has. It came out something like the title of my post. It took me a good while to figure out what exactly he was trying to say. Anyway, to make a long story short, the next morning we found out that it was a Mardi-Gras bead. I must admit, he did have me fooled for a while!

~Caroline

P.S. If you're like me, you haven't figured out what "Impwethion" translates to. He has an Impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.