Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea

Here goes with the book reviews:

The “Old Man” (henceforth referred to as Joe, considering that he wasn’t named in the book) was a fisherman. Joe went out fishing one day and he caught a marlin. The marlin, however, wasn’t interested in being caught and eaten, so the marlin dragged our friend Joe out into the middle of nowhere with no food and barely any water. Joe stayed out for about three days before he finally killed the fish. By the time Joe got back to shore, the sharks had eaten the marlin, so Joe didn’t even get anything out of his little adventure.

My opinion: Terribly depressing, but good understandable descriptions. Apparently Ernest Hemingway wrote some very depressing stories. My parents say that this is the least depressing of all of his books. If you’re required to read an old classic for some reason, this is a good one. It counts as a classic, but it’s understandable and it takes no time to read. (compared to other classics, that is)

~Caroline

4 comments:

  1. Good review. I remember reading it; better than a lot of other classics. Have you read Little Women yet? Best. Book. EVER! Second to Harry Potter, only because it's so long. So, yeah. Good luck w/ your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And would the purpleprincess be so kind as to follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I figured out how to change my settings so that i can comment! woo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read little women a long time ago. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.