Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Vacation, Part 1, Day 1

This past week, I went to hang out with my grandparents for the week. I got there on Sunday night. Monday morning, we (my grandparents and my cousin, Leighton) went to the fair. We only left about three hours after we had scheduled. We got there and went to a show at the music hall on the fairgrounds. The pros of the show were as follows:

1) The music hall had air conditioning.
2) It had seats.
3) I got an incredibly salty soft pretzel. yum!!
4) I got Coke.
5) I have now heard the infamous Ray Price sing. Evidently he was quite famous about 50 years ago.

Here goeth the con:
1) This was not even close the music I enjoy. Keep in mind that this is an 80-somethin-year-old dude singing jazz-country-love songs.

Apart from that small problem, it was a great show! :) After the show, we walked through a few of the exhibits on our way to the midway. We got to the midway and bought two wristbands for my cousin and me. We went on the ride closest to the front. It was quite lame after the first go-round. Next, I was convinced (with much prodding), to go on the 'paratrooper.' it had seats hanging from big thick plastic umbrellas. All of them were in a circle that tilted quite a bit. i got on one with my cousin, then got close to making whipped cream out of whatever was in my stomach. Thankfully, whatever was there did stay in my stomach. After that, I went on one more ride and that was it. While my grandma and cousin were riding other rides, I got an awesome airbrushed t-shirt. It has a big purple heart on the back that's shaded in yellow, and then my name written in it. After the fair, we went to Ingles to get dinner for me and Late. We picked out a BBQ chicken pizza. We each ate half of the pizza when we got home, and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! That was a fun day. :)

Adios, dear friends!
~Caroline

P.S. Here's a list of all the food a remember eating at the fair:

1) Killer beef jerky
2) Half of a fried apple pie
3) Part of a soft pretzel
4) Some coke
5) A baked potato complete with sour cream, butter, chili, and cheese.
6) Frozen lemonade
7) Another fried apple pie

I think that's it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.