Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Vacation, Part 1, Day 2

Tuesday morning arrived. We woke up pretty early and hit the road. I think we left at 8:50ish. Late (Leighton) and I figured out that my sister Sarah's portable DVD player doesn't only play DVDs, but CDs, too! So we listened to music on our way out of the valley where my grandparents live. It would have been too much to watch a movie while driving through the mountains. :/ The drive was quite uneventful. we stopped at a gas station in SC (I think) and got gum, Sour Patch Kids, mini Charleston Chews, coffee for grandma, and sunflower seeds for me. Then we were back on the road. We stopped for lunch at CFA. yum yum!!!! We didn't get to the beach until around 5:00. We stayed at a super nice hotel called the blockade runner. It was right on the beach. There was a big pool outside and a hot tub inside. Late and I enjoyed the gift shop, too. Everything was priced quite inexpensively. (Except the Chapsick, that is) We went to a really nice restaurant called the Oceanic. I got pasta with shrimp and crab in it. It was quite delicious. We went back to the hotel and took a walk on the beach. It was a long car ride, but definitely worth it!

~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.