Saturday, October 30, 2010

Come Again??

I love it when people jump into the conversation at weird points, and they only catch part of what's being talked about. Here are some funny ones:

(This is what's heard by the person. Explanations below.)
  1. "Maybe we can actually flush our toilet paper here."
  2. "Two pieces or water? *short pause* Oh, toilet!"
  3. "I hate blood!"
  4. Two good friends (a guy and a girl) who are not boyfriend-girlfriend. Guy: "...I'd like to make tonight as memorable as I can."  Girl: *breathlessly* "Oh, so would I."
Explanations:
  1. I was on road trip with some friends and we stopped to go to the bathroom. Little did we know that the gas station must have had a bad septic system. The sign inside the bathroom said "Please throw your toilet paper in the garbage can. Thank you." It was evident that everyone had been doing so, too. I bet that trash hadn't been emptied all day. The quote was said when driving by a different gas station.
  2. I was reading the instructions on how to install a toilet. They were all in Spanish, so I decided to read that part aloud. I said "I wonder what toilet is in Spanish." Skip forward a bit, after more conversation, and I found a word that would make sense to mean "toilet." I said the word along with "Maybe that's it." Sarah: The quote above.
  3. This one isn't that weird, but I walked in a conversation to that quote. I don't think it really needs an explanation.
  4. The guy (let's call him Joe) was helping the girl (we'll call her Jane) run lines for a callback audition for The Music Man. Someone walked up to the conversation, not realizing that they were practicing lines. I laughed for a while after that. 
You can definitely expect more of these.

~Caroline

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! it really is funny the conversations you walk into isnt it?? wow i love you caroline!! and people kept bringing the Music man thing up the whole time! It was pretty funny!!
    - Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I doubt anyone's going to forget that joke for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.