Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Thanksgiving Vacation...

...was AMAZING!!!! My dad's dad has three sisters, and all of them have two kids, three of whom are married, and one couple has a kid. My grandpa and grandma had three kids, Spencer, Nathan, and Katy. Spencer (my dad) is married with four kids. Nathan is married with one kid. Katy is married with a baby. If that doesn't make sense, then whatever, because it doesn't really matter. The point is that there were quite a few people.

We all go to Greensboro, NC, where two of the aunts live. We (my mom, me, Sarah, William, and Winston) left at 7 on Thanksgiving. We got to Greensboro around lunchtime and had lunch at Aunt Betsy's house. That afternoon, we checked into our hotel (Embassy Suites). At five, we went to Aunt Mausty's house (Short for Mary Austin) for Thanksgiving dinner. I stuffed my face.

Next day: We had breakfast at the hotel. It was a HUGE buffet. There were three cases of bread stuff and a toaster on one table. Apples and Bananas on another. Cereal and oatmeal on another. A huge drink station. An "omelets made to order"station that made pancakes, too. Lastly, there was as very long heated/cooled buffet thingy. One half had eggs, sausage, grits, bisects and gravy, and french toast sticks. The other half was fruit and yogurt and stuff. It's worse than Thanksgiving dinner, because in Late's words "You really wish your stomach was bigger so that you could eat a little of everything." Oh, how I do love food. Later in the morning, Momma and William went to pick up Daddy from the airport. He didn't came with us on Thursday because he was gone on a trip. He came back to the hotel and slept all day. Well, until it was time to go to dinner. For lunch we went to Aunt Betsy's again. The afternoon was spent chillin at the hotel. (I tell you what we did in a different post) That night was "Mexican Night at Mausty's." It as good as, if not better than, Thanksgiving. The highlight of the meal: Aunt Mausty's Mexican crockpot dip. My mom finally got the recipe. It's beyond amazing. I can't even describe how good the darned stuff is.

Saturday: Breakfast at the hotel again (translated: I stuffed my face again). We left mid-morning. After a few hours of driving, we stopped at Aunt Katy and Uncle Fred's house. I really do have an Uncle Fred, no lie. Grandma and Grandpa and our family had lunch there with them. We kept driving, stopped once to get little snacks so we wouldn't starve, and got home at 8:30 that night.

It was an awesome trip and I'm sooo sad it's over.

~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.