Monday, November 22, 2010

Spaghetti, waffles, and boxes of crayons

 I love these two comparisons between guys and girls. The first is an excerpt from a paper I wrote for school, and the second is another example that I almost used for my paper instead. I don't know where I got the fun fact, but I think it's pretty cool!

I know someone who says that most guys are similar to the four-pack of crayons the waiter gives you at a restaurant, and that girls are like the 120-pack with the crayon sharpener that you can only find at school supply stores.  The four-pack of crayons only has four colors going on at once, just like guys only do one or maybe two things at once.  In glaring contrast, the 120-pack has many different mixtures of colors, and still more different shades of all of those colors.  Just like the huge package of colored wax, girls have so many different thoughts going through their heads at once.  Everything is connected, as are the colors in the 120-pack.  Everything is a mixture of anything and everything else.  In this respect, my mind is a 120-pack of crayons.


The same person gave another example of how guys and girls are different. He said that girls are like spaghetti, and guys are like waffles. Spaghetti is just a big mess of long strings that all connect in one way or another. Girls' minds are the same way. Every thought leads to something else, and every thought is connected to another thought. Waffles are made up of a bunch of different boxes, and none of the boxes are connected to another one, except by a little wall that separates the boxes. Guys' minds are made up of boxes. Each thought has its own box, and that box isn't connected to, and doesn't have anything to do with, any of the other boxes.


Fun fact: Did you know that guys can actually have a moment when they aren't thinking about anything. Girls, on the other hand, can't completely clear their minds, even they tried. (Trust me on this, I've tried countless times)

~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.