Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hungry for breakfast?

Try the new Flushos® cereal today!!!!!

Ok, so I went to my dad's cousin's wedding this past weekend. It was soooo much fun!!! Anyway, on the way back from the wedding, (Sarah and I were riding with my uncle - dad's brother - and his daughter - the one who writes "Opinionated" on my "sites I visit often" list - back to the hotel) we drove by Ingles, and the marquee (that is such a cool word) under the "Ingles"  on the sign by the road said something like this:
1 lb bag of grapes - $4.99
King size candy bar - $0.99
Flu sho s today!

Nathan (my uncle) - Oh, look, you can get Flushos at Ingles today.
Caroline - What?
Leighton - See, on the sign, "Flushos."
Nathan - Yeah, it's the cereal you eat on the toilet.
Then came the advertisement my uncle made up. He's a bit of a jokester.
"The new Flushos from Ingles today! Try the Fruity Flushos or the Choco Flushos!"
*girls giggling*
"On second thought, don't try the Choco Flushos..."
At this point I was about to bust one of the seams in my dress that's too small.
Leighton - "...or the Lemon Flushos"
Nathan - "That could cause some slight indigestion."
I was laughing to hard to say anything. Thankfully, I didn't bust any seams. We got the hotel and were still laughing. Ah, good times!

~Caroline

P.S. If you still don't get it, the marquee was supposed to say "Flu Shots Today!" Just thought I'd clear that up.

Afterthought: Oh, did I forget to mention that we decided that we should use the plunger in lieu of a spoon, and the toilet water instead of milk. Now you're really grossed out, right? Oh, and then to clean your bowl, you use the toilet bowl scrubber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.