Monday, September 13, 2010

CHICKEN!!!!!!

Okay, this Terry Jones guy is such a chicken. In case you don't follow all of the news, here's the scoop. (quite thoroughly abridged.)

Pastor Terry Jones was planning to burn a copy of the Quran on the ninth anniversary of 9/11. It was going to be this big event protesting Islam. Well, he chickened out when he realized what kind of trouble he could get into. He said he was going to cancel it to keep our troops in the Middle East safe.

To begin with, the troops in the Middle East weren't safe to begin with. DUH. Now, if Mr. Jones had followed through with his plan, the Muslims probably would have killed him, destroyed his church, and all other manner of naughty things. Once this occurred to him, Mr. Jones decided that his life was more important than his faith. Remind me why this guy is a pastor, please?

Mr. Jones, have you not read about Stephen (Acts 7:54-60), and about John the Baptist (Mark 6:27), and about James (Acts 12:1-3). There are even more verses that don't even talk about specific people, but multitudes of Christians being put to death (Hebrews 11:35-40), and verses about what happens to those who are martyred (Revelation 2:10; 6:9). I even found a bunch of verses that say not to fear death, but to look forward to it (Matthew 10:28; Revelation 2:10; Matthew 16:24-25; Acts 21:13). The Bible says 365 times "Do not fear." Someone's doing some serious fearing, here. I wonder who...

There are two more verses that I'm actually going to type out.

Hebrews 12:4 - In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

This one seems like it's speaking directly to Mr. Jones, doesn't it?

Isaiah 43 - (This isn't exactly what the Bible says, it's really the words to a song that's based on this chapter.) 
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, 
And the waves will not overcome you
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name, 
You are mine


Chorus:
For I am the LORD your God
I am the Holy One of Israel, 
Your Savior (repeat)
I am the LORD (do not fear) x4


When you walk through the fire, 
you'll not be burned
And the flames will not consume you
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you
I have called you by name, 
you are mine


CHORUSx2


I'm not trying to point out all of the faults that Mr. Jones has, but really, the faults that we all have. His simply made national news. We're all scared of something at some point, and we all have good reason to be scared of the Muslims, but like I said, the Bible says "Do not fear" 365 times. That would lead me to believe that God doesn't want us to be afraid.

In closing, I want to promise, right here and now, that if I were put into Mr. Jones's position, I would burn that book without a second thought. I'm really not trying to brag, I think I just needed to see my self post that on the internet. *sheepish grin* Anyway, there's my rant for the night. <3 you all!

~Caroline

Great website to look up the Bible verses I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is where you write your comments. Hence the 'Post a Comment' banner. If I think that your comment is unnecessary or inappropriate, or I just don't like it, then it will be deleted. If that makes you mad, then please hit "alt" + "F4." Thank you.